Maccaferri® rockfall embankments provide protection to infrastructure and property over of a wider area than barrier fence systems. They are also able to contain or divert larger volumes of rockfall than stand alone barrier fences. It consists of pre-fabricated units of Galmac® and PoliMac® coated double twist (DT) wire mesh to form an inclined front and back face.
Rockfall embankments are ideal solutions where it is not possible to intercept or prevent falling rock and are commonly used as protection from natural hazards, landslides, rock falls, avalanches and hydro-geologic problems.
WHY CHOOSE MACCAFERRI ROCKFALL EMBANKMENTS?
- Are scalable to accommodate extreme rockfall impacts (potentially up to 20,000kJ) and can divert potential debris flows
- Ideal solution when surface stabilisation systems cannot be installed on for very wide slopes or where interception of falling rocks is not possible due to the whole slope being inaccessible
- Strong and robust structure, withstanding multiple impacts without repair and can contain vast quantities of debris
- Reduces embankment footprint and steepens slope face using Maccaferri Terramesh or Green Terramesh
- Availability of a variety of face finishes including a vegetative embankment facing which promotes the growth of vegetation
- Built using reinforced soil, enabling contractors to use locally available or site won materials
- Given enough space, almost unlimited energy absorption capacities can be achieved
- Can be designed specifically to suit specific site requirements