BiTex® Green combines Bidim® Green, a premium non-woven geotextile made in Australia, and Tensar® BiAx® geogrid. These products are laminated together to create a high-performance geocomposite used in rail and road application areas in the presence of high water levels, soft subgrade soils or when the granular fill is of poor quality.
BiTex Green is combined with aggregate fill to create a mechanically stabilised layer (MSL) that is significantly stiffer and more robust than a conventional unbound aggregate layer. The enhanced structural characteristics of the MSL allows the designer to obtain greater performance from the whole pavement structure. This results in more economical construction, reduced risk, improved performance and longer life.
WHY CHOOSE BITEX GREEN?
- Offers separation, filtration and aggregate interlock simultaneously
- Provides optimum performance due to superior interlock and lateral confinement of the granular fill, resulting in a stiff mechanically stabilised layer; capable of controlling differential settlement, reducing road fill depths, capping weak deposits and increasing bearing capacity to allow for higher loads
- Maintains the performance of individual materials where two distinct soils are separated and prevented from intermixing
- Restricts the migration of fine soil particles while remaining permeable to water movement at a rate at least equivalent to the permeability of the retained soil
- Uses Bidim Green non-woven geotextile layers, made with a combination of locally-sourced recycled PET and virgin plastic material
- Results in more economical construction, improved performance and longer life with its enhanced structural characteristics
- Improves cost benefits by reducing aggregate layer thickness and the need to excavate
- Reduces the closure period for maintenance on railway tracks as it effectively combines two separate layers in one product