Geoweld welded gabion baskets make ideal garden retaining walls for any landscaping project. Made from mild steel to a minimum wire coating of 290 grams per m2 which is 10% aluminium and 90% zinc. Geoweld has a high aluminium content coating which over time, turns the mesh into a dark grey colour - which has the benefit of absorbing light rather than reflecting it.
Gabions are also used for retaining walls due to its low cost and ease of installation compared to conventional methods.
WHY CHOOSE GEOWELD WELDED GABIONS?
- Can be used as a feature rock wall for any landscaping project, using a variety of rocks and materials to create unique architectural designs
- Creates a barrier for separate areas in gardens or parks, or can be used as a seating bench
- Can be built as a retaining wall, up to max. 2 metres - either as mass gravity walls or as mechanically stabilised walls subject to design approval
- Cost-effective alternative compared to conventional methods like natural sandstone walls
- Ideal for creating a simple concrete facade or column into an architectural structure, by building from a depth of 500mm
- Meets gabion specification ASTM 974-97
- Onsite installation training including guidelines and diagrams can be provided, on request
- Accessories are available including C-ring connections with C-ringer tool (available to rent) or spiral connections and braces which provide increased cage rigidity and strength