Geosynthetics for Renewable Energy
We develop geosynthetic solutions for renewable energy infrastructure to reduce cost, environmental impact and risk, and add value to each project.
Geosynthetic materials play a critical role in both short-term and long-term haul road performance and working platforms.
Access roads and working platforms
- Stabilising temporary access roads and haul roads
- Geosynthetics provide significant cost and time savings in construction
- Allow for tandem axle and heavy vehicles to access remote locations over soft soil
- Working platforms provide a safe and durable surface for heavy plant such as piling rigs and cranes to operate
- Using geosynthetics can reduce the overall thickness of the pavement layer, reducing the quantity of imported fill material required
The Geofabrics technical team offers a wide range of solutions for the Renewables industry including separation and filtration, sub-grade stabilisation, hardstand areas supporting extra heavy cranes, channel stabilisation, reinforced soil structure and erosion control applications.
Ground & Pavement Stabilisation
Working platforms are used to provide a safe and durable surface from which heavy plant such as piling rigs and cranes can operate.
The specific design of a working platform can vary greatly depending on underlying soil conditions, loading requirements and type of granular soil.
Erosion & Sediment Control
Erosion control mats are categorised as either biodegradable, made from 100% natural fibres that are often applied as a temporary cover; or are non-biodegradable, made from synthetic fibres to provide permanent coverage. They primarily differ in the material used as well as the thickness of the mat and its relevant applications.
The overall aim in using geosynthetics in erosion control is to maintain soil cover either as a temporary measure offering protection from soil loss while vegetation is established or as a permanent control measure, typically on steeper slopes or high water velocity situations.
There are several product solutions from the Geofabrics product range that can be used to line channels including Concrete Canvas GCCM, Concrete Canvas CCX, Maccaferri reno mattresses, Presto Geoweb geocells and Jute biodegradable mats.