Jute Mat Fine is a light-grade erosion control matting, made from natural jute fibres that are 100% biodegradable over time. It effectively acts as a blanket to protect topsoil and seed from water and wind erosion while promoting a moist micro-climate for seed germination.
Jute Mat Fine is a natural mat for grass establishment and erosion control, ideal for:
- Roadside landscaping
- Golf courses
- Steep slopes
- Wetlands and riverbanks
- Coastal sites
Jute Mat Fine is ideal for the stabilisation of low-flow drainage lines, and assists grass establishment on batters of up to 1:1 or 45 degrees.
WHY CHOOSE JUTE MAT FINE?
- Provides an ideal environment for seed germination by retaining moisture at the soil level
- Protects the soil from erosion, while allowing the seeds to grow through the mat
- Can be subjected to water flow of up to 1.3 metres per second
- Acts as a roll-on mulch, adding organic matter to the soil as it breaks down
- Acts as a blanket to prevent loss of seed by wind, water and birds
- Ideal for revegetation and can be used to supress weeds
- 100% organic natural fibres which are biodegradable over a six-month period, and will not entangle or endanger wildlife
- Reduces heat absorption to help protect plants
- Flexible and strong, allowing for foot traffic while being laid
- Convenient to use and handle by one to two people