Maccaferri® Gabion Terramesh® wire mesh is a modular system made of continuous PoliMac® coated double twist wire mesh that is used to form a rock-faced mechnically stabilised earth wall with vertical or sloped facing. An integrated panel and diaphragms are connected to the main fascia unit to create rectangular shaped cells for stone confinement.
The geogrid reinforcement, fascia and lid are supplied in one continuous panel of mesh. Following assembly on site, the fascia unit is filled with suitable gabion stone fill. Structural backfill is then placed upon the soil reinforcement geogrids and compacted.
WHY CHOOSE MACCAFERRI GABION TERRAMESH?
- Durable wire mesh structure coated with PoliMac provides a design life of over 120 years
- Minimises the risk of on-site errors as the system does not need internal connections
- Simple and quick assembly with the units supplied in standard lengths, requiring no cuts on site
- Independently verified and tested with BBA-HAPAS certification
- Supported with design assistance using Maccaferri GAWAC 3.0 software available to download here
- Supported with specialist installation tools for hire including pneumatic lacing tools lacing or you can purchase "C" rings and preformed bracing wires to halve assembly time
Our recommended specialist gabion installers can construct sample units on-site before works begin to ensure products are installed as per our guidelines.