Tensar® AR-GN is composed of a stiff polypropylene grid, thermally-bonded to a polypropylene paving fabric. The grid controls strains in the overlay through interlock with the asphalt mix due to the high-profile ribs, providing a structural reinforcing effect. The fabric aids installation, and together with the bitumen absorbed from the bond coat, provides a stress relief effect (stress absorbing membrane interlayer - SAMI) and interlayer barrier against ingress of moisture and oxygen.
It is typically used in road pavements where the asphalt overlay thickness is greater than 70mm.
WHY CHOOSE TENSAR AR-GN?
- Provides effective reinforcement (load transfer), stress relief and interlayer barrier (waterproofing) functions
- Increases the fatigue life of pavements with weak foundations
- Reduces pavement rutting by up to 70%
- Controls reflective cracking in overlays making it ideal for new road construction or repairing existing roads
- A proven solution with extensive laboratory testing and more than 25 years of field experience
- Provides long-term cost benefits by lengthening the maintenance cycle for asphalt pavements in road networks, airports, sea ports and hardstand areas, compared to traditional pavement reinforcement methods
- Resistant to most chemicals and less prone to installation damage